So, I just discovered there is something called Decembeard, a charitable campaign to raise funds for colorectal cancer (presumably to fight it rather than promote it).
Decembeard follows tightly on the heels (chins?) of Movember and its promotion of awareness of prostate cancer.
As I have reported elsewhere, the women were not to be outdone and I know one of the founders of Julyna, a campaign to bushwhack cervical cancer. (At least this one is anatomically related in the geographic sense.)
So, how many more of these can we do?
- Pituary – Arm pit macramé to promote conditions of the pituitary gland
- Fepubeary – Growing the short ‘n’ curlies to raise awareness about deforestation
- Partch – Creatively parting all of your body hair to promote the wax industry
- Earpril – Wild and wooley ear hair in support of local symphonies
- Might – Strength training just because bathing suit season is upon us and we’re tired of looking at that
- Stoone – Heavy colonic bombardment to promote awareness of illegal dumping
- Ah-ah-ahgust – High volume nasal ejections to support diseases of the immune system
- Septumber – Full-frontal snoring to raise awareness about sleep disorders
- Proctober – Sort of Hands Across America’s rectum to promote taxation reform